The Grass is Greener once the Snow Melts

I find this time of the year to be annoying since currently out my window it is trying to SNOW, its April. So dressing for this time of year is unpredictable, especially in Montreal I think (seeing friends in Toronto in sling back sandals).

These are my thoughts about spring styles, may differ where you're located but for Montreal these are pretty basic.

A touch of colour
Obviously spring means colour since flowers are starting to bloom and the grass isn't so...brown? I like to add my touch of colour through lipstick or a scrunchie (new love of Chelsea King), since right now it is still pretty crisp here. Although, as it starts to warm up you'll see all my florals and pastels coming out of the closet!

Denim: H&M, Sweater: Vince Camuto
Tights: From Rachel

Bring back lighter colours
I find in the winter I tend to dress very dark. Its cold and miserable, then I tend to dress the colours that are outside--Montreal is a grey city in the winter and its sad. A normal outfit is black pants with a grey or black shirts, maybe a striped shirt if I'm feeling a bit brighter! I don't think I'm the only one that works like this in the city either.

Bringing out my white tees, dresses, and light wash jeans is the best part of the seasons changing, besides feeling the warmth on your skin.

Tights
Since it is still too cold for bare leg, tights are essential and as a previous post about From Rachel ,tights are my fav. 

Blouse: Sanctuary, Jeans: Garage
Sandals: Globo
Heels? Sandals? Heeled Sandals! 
I love shoes, but I'm also the kind of person that sticks to a pair that I love. I also am very much a comfort person, so if I know my feet are going to die by the end of the day by the shoes I'm wearing, I won't wear them. As well since I was in my early teens I stopped wearing flat sandals for some reason I think mostly because the flatness bothered my arches but who knows. Over the past few years I've bought a couple of pairs are amazing heeled sandals and I find they are the perfect way to dress up a super casual outfit.

I do adore the look of sandals but I think my feet feel tooooo exposed maybe as odd as that sounds.

Le Chapeau
In the spring its time to bring out the floppy hats and snapbacks. Yes, those are very different styles, but who said you need to fit into one mold? Hats are a great go to especially when the sun is at midday and for the fair skinned burning your scalp is a real thing.

There are so many different styles depending on your look, or even floral crowns to add some fun to the outfit!

Show that belly button off 
My love for crop tops come back in the summer! I have a friend that hates them but for the summer I love showing off that little midriff especially when I work hard for that flat tummy!

Spring is amazing since everything is becoming reborn in a sense. The flowers bloom, the grass greens, skin becomes sun kissed, and terraces (patios) all come out. Schools done and festivals come to town on a weekly basis, friends come to visit and everything feels at peace.You realize that exploring the city is what keeps you falling in love with it....with yourself...and with others. The realization that every season is a chance for new beginnings.

Lots of love,

--Cait xx


Comments

Popular Posts