Can You Buy Happiness?

This week I have started getting my life back together, what I mean is I've start re-implenting some of my routines that I have let slip due to exhaustion and lack of motivation. I am very much a person of routine so not having it had affected me a lot. Having routine makes me happy, I know this. It keeps me stable, since you can't always control everything routine is something I do have control over. So I've gotten back to the place mentally that I enjoy being at

Can money buy happiness? This week I had a discussion with a coworker about this so it sparked my thoughts. I'm very stubborn when it comes to the fact that money CANNOT buy happiness, it can only help to buy things that could create happiness, but you can't just buy happiness, and if you have money doesn't just automatically make a person happier.

I believe happiness has to be created internally in order to a happier life to yourself. The attitude you have outwards on life has some relation to the kind of people and events that come in your life.

In the past year my happiness fluctuates a lot depending on my work life I've realized. Since my life 40 hours a week is a job, I need to love my job to keep a positive outlook on life. If the only thing I gain from the job is a paycheck, its not worth my time and energy. I'm too young to not learn and grow.

When you have money you have the ability to do things that create happiness, like buying a flight to see friends or family. This is something I'm grateful for, because I know I have a steady job that pays me well, therefore I can impulsively buy a flight to Florida to see someone a care greatly for and who will create even more happiness in my life.

For me money also allows me to travel and see concerts, and if you know me going to concerts give me a rush of energy and a slight high on life to say the least. If I didn't have the financial means to do this then I would have to wait for shows only within my city, which would be fine but wouldn't be able to keep me on the high as easily. 

Being aware that you are lucky to have these means is another form of happiness I find. Being able to give back when you can in order create make some elses day.
Having the big perfect house won't make you happy if you're not happy alone, it'd make you lonelier.
It's kinda like you have to love yourself before someone else will, and this I believe to the core.

So what do you think? Do you think money can buy happiness or just buy things in order to make you happy?

Happy Weekend!

-Cait xx

Comments

Popular Posts