Idealistic-Unrealistic Version of You

As most people I have an "unrealistic" ideal for myself in regards to body image. I've never been diagnosed with an eating disorder but I for sure have some extreme body image issues.

As a whole I am healthy and decently fit but still I'm never quite happy with my body no matter how much work I put into it. I continue to find imperfections or my latest struggle is always wanting to be better. Last summer was the most fit I think I'd ever been, but I want to get even stronger this summer. I got super fit by biking the city and making it to the gym at least daily. This was at a point in my life where my anxiety was super high and fitness was my way to cope.

A friend made a comment to me a few months ago when he saw a progress photo--"aww you still have some muffin tops". Since I was in my pre-teens my muffin tops have been the part of me I've despised the most. They are the part that no matter what I will always try to fix. They make me uncomfortable and have made me cry numerous times when it came to trying on jeans. Although now, most people call them hips not muffin tops but that is still sadly what I see.

It is very hard to look myself in the mirror sometimes when all I see is flaws or things that could look better. Even now I can be content with my image but still see a dozen things I'd prefer to change.
On the weekend I got my friend to take probably over a dozen photos because I thought all them were making me look fat, she didn't think so but that was all I could see.

I am very aware things don't just happen over night and that getting the body I want takes times and focus. I choose to eat healthy, I choose to workout. When I feel my body is lacking something, most times protein I make sure to satisfy that need.

I almost had abs a month ago, but this past month I've been under the weather physically/mentally, so haven't been hitting the gym as I would normally. I've felt this so much in the past weeks, which is super discouraging when I look back at where I was.

This is my restart week--I am restarting my routines and proper meals.
I've made it to the gym Monday at 6am, Tuesday at 6 and just got back from the gym now. These work outs feel amazing. Its even better knowing that there is some support like The Fit Fatale to help motivate or just be a sounding board when others offer you "cheat" meals can that be hard to resist.

I feel if you strive within reasonable limits it helps. I know I will never weigh 115pounds again because when I did I was unhealthy, due to gluten, but still unhealthy.  I believe in getting stronger to achieve my goals. 

Remember to hustle and love yourself.

-Cait xx




 

Comments

Popular Posts