Work it out

Hey babes!

So working out and eating healthy are both things that help in keeping me stable. I feel 100% better after going to the gym. I use it for physical results but also mental stability.

For me I want to get toned and strong but not necessarily lose 15 pounds (anymore), for example.
I used to/sometimes still do have unrealistic ideals for myself. That is likely a reason for me constantly pushing harder every month to try and be the best me I can be.

I try hard to workout around 5 times a week. I make it flexible though so if I'm not feeling it or if things come up then I don't feel as guilty for not going as I know I will make it up. If you are someone that needs a steady routine then I encourage setting that hour-hour & a half aside so you don't put it off. I love to go on a Saturday and/or Sunday morning because I find it to be the best way to start my weekend and I tend to be more productive then.

I go to econofitness ($12/month) and it has all the essentials with some virtual classes.

General gym routine:
Warm up- 15 minutes on the bike or elliptical

Weight machines-I love the weight machines because I find them easier to manage than free weights and there is less competition for them...if some one if on a machine I want then I just go to a different one and come back once they leave...EASY!
 I do 15 reps and 3 sets at each machine, usually increasing the weight at each set. I find this technique pushes me and allows me to feel what level I am at. I am very much a listen to your body person.

Cool down-10-15 minutes on the bike, elliptical, or treadmill.
As a whole I don't have the best cardio so that is something I am trying to improve.

Core :
Bicycle crunches (30 reps single or 15 double leg-3 sets)
Leg lifts (15 reps-3sets)
Russian twists (30 reps- 3 sets)
Plank for 30 seconds (3 sets)
Mountain climbers (15 reps-3sets)
Hip thrust exercise (10 reps - 3 sets)

Stretching:
Toe touches
Froggy
Butterfly
Downward dog
Upward dog

Depending on how I'm feeling and on the amount of time I have to spend at the gym I will add extra cardio to my routine.

I do find though I need to change it up sometimes to rejuvenate my body, so it doesn't get use to the same thing daily. To do that though I recommend a class, this week I did a super butt kicking Bodylicious class and I'm still aching. I know that's what I needed though to rekickstart my body though. I am a person of routine which is great but sometimes it can be my biggest downfall since at a point the regular routine isn't helping anymore.

There you have it my generic gym routine plus some side suggestions! I feel that with a healthy lifestyle you start to surround yourself with those of similar values. I met Samantha in the summer and she's been so supportive, check her out!

Let me know what else you want to read/know!

Lots of love

--Cait xx


Comments

Popular Posts