"Minimalist" Packing

I'm the first to say I'm not a minimalist so last week when I told my friend I needed to pack for Easter weekend she jokingly said "you should write a post about your minimalist packing". When I thought about it though I tend to pack somewhat logically. I always over pack because I might change my mind on what I feel like wearing or in the winter more so, you never know what the weather will be like.

So obviously it depends on where and how long I'm going for. Although over the past couple of years I have mastered the art of weekend packing. For a weekend away I will pack about 4-6 outfits but sometimes I'm I go a little over board like 10 outfits for a weekend in Florida.


So I try to plan my outfits entirely a few days before- allowing me time to change my mind or the weather to, which ever happens first. I lay them out on the floor, try them on, send them to friends to get "approval", then take it off, fold and leave till all outfits are ready to be packed. Then I try to pack them by when I will be wearing them, so the last outfit at the bottom and pack up.

I do try to be practical and re-wear pieces and I'm not straight up bringing 4 shirts, 4 bottoms, etc. So I find mixing pieces can be key sometimes.

Holiday home :
Can be easier since I know I have some things at home, but mostly its the extra pair of converse or pajamas that I won't need to worry about packing

Packing list!
- jeans or some sort of casual bottoms with a dressier top
-fun pants with  with a crop top and a plaid or denim shirt
-a skirt with a crop top and amazing Rachel Tights
-gym gear (of course)
-1 or 2 pairs of shoes

The main difference for when I visit friends is lots of times I get to steal their clothing...😉

I try to be practical while packing and if I feel I might not wear it then I don't bring it or if I can't figure out how to style it with what I have then I leave it. I find it more frustrating to pack more and only wear half. 

I find weekend adventures very satisfying since it is a change of scenery and routine. A weekend is enough time to spend time with friends and family without missing work!
My favourite destinations are Toronto, Ottawa, and Creemore, but I am looking into other easy places to get to from Montreal.

I'm now in my small town enjoying friends and family and so much food! I hope everyone has a great weekend be it Easter or Passover or just the extra day off!

Lots of love,

-Cait xx

Comments

Popular Posts