made in canada



Hello lovelies! 

I feel like this will be part 1 of a segment of post about Canadian fashion.
I have a love for Canadian fashion. I love that we have so many independent designers and I  love knowing that these artists are doing what they adore. 

I worked for an independent designer Jordan de Ruiter back in 2013 and at that point realized that it is not as easy as the average person thinks. First off being your own boss is hard and constantly coming up with new designs that are different without being too “out there” is difficult, I know I could never do it. Those that do it do it well though! 

 












I understand that Canadian designers tend to be more expensive than H&M or Forever 21 but there is good reason for that. These people put their blood, sweat and tears into their work. As well you must remember that these designers make everything by hand usually-not mass produced off shore (China, Thailand, Israel). 

I try to support these designers when I can but it can be financially difficult to. I watch for sales constantly and of course before purchasing I ensure that it is something that can be versatile so I get my money’s worth.

Some of my favourite independent Canadian designers from Montreal are:

  • Bodybag By Jude 
  •  Marigold
  • Sokoloff 
  •  Lowell 
  • From Rachel 
  •  Leeame

Toronto:

  • Copious 
  • Birds of North America
  • Jordan de Ruiter
  • Garderobe
  • Chelsea King
  • Act Three Apparel

When buying from an independent designer there are times when you can actually customize your purchase, so it is one of a kind just for you! I am someone who enjoys being the only one with a piece of clothing and that what I love about these designers is that technically every piece they make is one-of-a-kind! 

This is definitely going to part 1 of a Canadian fashion segment! Let me know of any Canadian designers you love and think I should know about! 

Lots of love

-Cait

copiousfashion.com/consciousheart


Comments

Popular Posts