Growin' Up But I'm Really Not Growin' Up


I think all of us 20-somethings feel this way sometimes, we’ve been trying to adult and have our lives together but then it just starts to get exhausting. We all hit the point where "I don't want to grow up"
 
This has been one of those weeks for me-trying to manage work, gym, meal prep, friends, and any person projects. I feel like I’ve been completely run off my feet trying to adult. 

I feel there’s so many things you don’t get taught and just have to find out on your own, like you sometimes have to wash your washing machining because it has started making your clothing dirtier than they were going in. Then you have to wait 2 nights to actually do your laundry because roommates/sharing. Another big thing is money and I’m good with money but it is still difficult to manage two paychecks a month plus rent, hydro, internet, credit card, and groceries…these are also just the necessities. I have to consciously make note of when payments are due and when I am getting paid to ensure that I have enough for everything. #adulting 
 
Managing a 9-5 job is great because it creates a routine and I love consistency but at the same time that means I need to prep my meals on weekends. Therefore, ensuring I have enough for the week or I’ll waste my evenings cooking again when I could be working on blogs or business plans.  I try to go to the gym every night after work from 6-8 ish but some nights it is sooo cold by the time I get home, I’m tired I don’t make and that’s okay. 

I remember being a kid and helping my mom pick out what she wore to work and even as a kid and college student I did this. I found outfit planning saved so much time but since I’ve been in Montreal/ university I haven’t. I don’t know why but I just throw something on in the morning and it works. Lately my mornings have bee rushed likely because of the cold and it slows everything down but I really need to start outfit planning on weekends as well to ensure everything I want to wear is clean and organized and so I don’t end up with my bed like this at the end of every single day


 
 My weekend has officially been designated to errands, cleaning & business/blog work. Saturdays I like to go to cafes to finish any blog post stuff in order for it to get posted that day. Sundays I cook and clean. I try to create a menu on Friday; groceries on Saturday then cook Sunday. I feel like such an adult but I know I’m far from it still.

Here are a few of my own tips on how to handle adulating right now
1)      Meal prep is key.
If I didn’t meal prep I would definitely end up eating peanut butter and jam sandwiches for dinner half the week. Crock pots are your friend use them in addition to cooking other meals. Multitasking really does help.
Think simple meals that can easily be transported to school or work. I love using mason jars as my togo container since it can be microwaved without all the toxins of plastic.
Meals:
·         Chilli
·         Shepherds pie
·         Curry
·         Roasted veg –zucchini, mushrooms, beets, carrots, anything at all.
·         Seasoned chicken (any kind)
·         Rice & quinoa medley  

2)      Laundry on weekends. Wake up and throw in the washer then you can have your much needed coffee and plan your day/weekend while your clothing is getting clean. If you want at the same time clean up your room/apartment..kill two birds with one stone.
 
      3)      Personal projects
Try to make some time in the evenings to work on something that inspires you. Be it blogging, business plan, or content creation.  Then on weekends go out to a cute café you’ve been meaning to go to and sit for a few hours drinks some coffee or tea and be productive! 😊

      4)      Fitness/gym
If I don’t make it to the gym at least 3-4 times a week I get grumpy. Sometimes you do need to take a break but even going for 30-45 minutes will put me in a better mood. I’ve heard from a lot of people that this works for them as well. Use this to your advantage.
Look up different exercises so you don’t constantly do the same routine. 

5)      Agendas/calendars are your friend.
https://www.katespade.com/products/scatter-dot-17-month-medium-agenda/173147.htmlIf I don’t write down what I have to do or when bills are due then there is a high likelihood that I will forget. I’ve been a lot more scattered lately than I used to be but its also a nice feeling. I try to plan my weeks but most things are flexible which I like. I’ve heard a lot lately about if you write down what you want it will be more likely to come true I’m assuming that holds true for scheduling too.

So hope I'm not the only one that feels this way and these tips can help you as much as they have helped me! 

This weeks title are lyrics from "Livin' On The Fly" by Greenhorn 

-Cait xx
 

Comments

Popular Posts