Beauty Tales for a Non Beauty Guru


I’m the first to say I’m not a makeup/beauty person, but lately I have started wearing more than I have in years. 
Lipstick: Around this time last year I learned that I love lipstick! I find them so fun and can easily give any outfit a different vibe. I guess I never wore it much before then because anytime I did, my boyfriend at the time would get mopey because he couldn’t kiss me. (I know that shouldn’t have stopped me, but it did) 

I now have a love for dark lipsticks, I think its that whole contrast thing since I’m so fair. I find that I am willing to put in a couple extra minutes doing my lips before I head out the door and then I feel like I can take on anything. 

My other lipstick love is the classic red. I remember when I got my first red lipstick probably back in 2009, I was obsessed over how it was such a Blair Waldorf colour. At that point I fell in love. I tried to wear it in high school but definitely did not have the confidence to rock it back then.

Nails: Over the last couple years when I go home I try to get my nails done at my fav spa, Miss Holly’s (Stayner, Ontario). It’s owned by a friend and she does an AMAZING job every time, plus she is a sweetheart! So if you’re in that area at all check her out! 

I’ve realized as I’ve gotten older that I like my nails to look nice even if I’m just doing them myself. When I do them myself, so 90% of the time I end up fxing them multiple times a week since they always chip when doing anything.






Eyes: Okay, to be honest I’ve only just started using eyeshadow daily again about a month ago. All summer I would just wear eyeliner and mascara, unless it was a special occasion of somesort. The main reason why I started wearing more makeup was because I bought a beautiful Urban Decay Palette at the L’oreal warehouse sale. I thought this would give me the opportunity to play areound with more colours… It worked and now I really enjoy doing my makeup in the morning. I still keep it simple but its still more than just eyeliner & mascara.


Foundation: This is one area where I know nothing beside it help my skin look all one tone. I have a redness in general to my face so I find foundation if I decide to wear it does create a nice smooth complexion. Although, I don’t really wear foundation much, I’ve always been comfortable in my own skin and feel that makeup should enhance one’s natural beauty rather than creating a new beauty which is how I feel a low of makeup today is done. All I have to say about foundation is when I use it, I love my YSL.   

Tada, my makeup essentials! Let me know what you think and what else you want to see on here! 

-Cait xx

Comments

Popular Posts