My Summer Go-To's
Summer is the time for exploring--new places, yourself, and finding the things that make you happy.
Montreal in the summer is really when when the city comes alive! there are always so many festivals going on & the fashion it differs from person-to-person which makes it even more interesting.
So here are some of my fav go-tos for fashion:
Paper bag shorts:
Two years ago I boght a pair of shorts from Dynamite Clothing and fell in love with them! They released more colours of them last year so I bought another pair.
These shorts are great because they are not denim and denim shorts in the summer I find to be the most constricting piece of clothing ever. So these paper bag shorts are great to dress up or down
Braids:(hair not fashion but still)
they get my hair out of my face without pulling on my hair (giving my a headache) but is still cute.
Either pigtails or one single braid is a daily go to for me. Plus walking or biking everywhere it keeps my hair together and I can actually see where I'm going.
Crop tops: as we all know I love croptops! They are very much essential to my summer wardrobe because they are so comfortable and versatile from skirts to shorts.
Wedge sandals: These are super trendy right now but so comfortable and have become and new essentials to all my outfits. I'm also very happy because I'm starting to wear heels again! I went through a phase of not wearing heels because I didn't want to tower over everyone.
Light denim vest: I have this amazing denim vest that I can wear as a layer/accessory or as a shirt when its hella hot out.

Classic summer skirts & dresses: now that I have a walk in closet I can truly appreciate all my dresses I have! I have lots from Jordan de Ruiter which are definitely my favourite!
I also have some from Garage which are light and flowy perfect for summer walks!
I also have a lot of skirts that I made myself so they are very much a one of a kind thing.
Its fun making your own clothing because you have a type of ownership about it because of that.
Its also nice to say that you've made your clothing when someone asks.
Summer activities that make me super happy!
I enjoy getting out and doing thing! Going to street festivals is fantastic and wondering the city to just be outside and get that vitamin D.
I love finding new cafes, and since I've moved I've needed to find new places.
Kleine Shop is amazing especially if you are gluten or dairy free because everything here is! The aestetic is also really cute.

Baba Yaga has really good coffee and food, for me I have special requests being gluten free but they are very helpful!
Summer picnics are so fun! Since Montreal has so much green space as a city it also makes it easy. Canal or parks or Mont Royal. As well since Montreal loves terraces its also a must.
Go hit up St Denis where every resto, cafe or bar has a terrace! It is fantastic!
Wandering or biking down to old port and enjoying the water, sun, and ice cream!
The markets in Montreal are full of amazing produce and a great way to spend a morning alone or with friends. Always be sure to look up what festival is happening in Places des Arts (it changes on a weekly basis).
Right now Montreal is hella humid but it is better than 6feet of snow. I love being outside and it helps keeps me happy that's for sure.
Well this is all for now!
-Cait xx
Montreal in the summer is really when when the city comes alive! there are always so many festivals going on & the fashion it differs from person-to-person which makes it even more interesting.
So here are some of my fav go-tos for fashion:
Paper bag shorts:Two years ago I boght a pair of shorts from Dynamite Clothing and fell in love with them! They released more colours of them last year so I bought another pair.
These shorts are great because they are not denim and denim shorts in the summer I find to be the most constricting piece of clothing ever. So these paper bag shorts are great to dress up or down
- up: with a cute pair of wedge sandals
- nice blouse
- down: converse/vans
- crop top
- snapback
- band tee
Braids:(hair not fashion but still)
they get my hair out of my face without pulling on my hair (giving my a headache) but is still cute.
Either pigtails or one single braid is a daily go to for me. Plus walking or biking everywhere it keeps my hair together and I can actually see where I'm going.
Crop tops: as we all know I love croptops! They are very much essential to my summer wardrobe because they are so comfortable and versatile from skirts to shorts.
Wedge sandals: These are super trendy right now but so comfortable and have become and new essentials to all my outfits. I'm also very happy because I'm starting to wear heels again! I went through a phase of not wearing heels because I didn't want to tower over everyone.
Light denim vest: I have this amazing denim vest that I can wear as a layer/accessory or as a shirt when its hella hot out.

Classic summer skirts & dresses: now that I have a walk in closet I can truly appreciate all my dresses I have! I have lots from Jordan de Ruiter which are definitely my favourite!
I also have some from Garage which are light and flowy perfect for summer walks!
I also have a lot of skirts that I made myself so they are very much a one of a kind thing.
Its fun making your own clothing because you have a type of ownership about it because of that.
Its also nice to say that you've made your clothing when someone asks. Summer activities that make me super happy!
I enjoy getting out and doing thing! Going to street festivals is fantastic and wondering the city to just be outside and get that vitamin D.
I love finding new cafes, and since I've moved I've needed to find new places.
Kleine Shop is amazing especially if you are gluten or dairy free because everything here is! The aestetic is also really cute.
Baba Yaga has really good coffee and food, for me I have special requests being gluten free but they are very helpful!
Summer picnics are so fun! Since Montreal has so much green space as a city it also makes it easy. Canal or parks or Mont Royal. As well since Montreal loves terraces its also a must.
Go hit up St Denis where every resto, cafe or bar has a terrace! It is fantastic!
Wandering or biking down to old port and enjoying the water, sun, and ice cream!
The markets in Montreal are full of amazing produce and a great way to spend a morning alone or with friends. Always be sure to look up what festival is happening in Places des Arts (it changes on a weekly basis).
Right now Montreal is hella humid but it is better than 6feet of snow. I love being outside and it helps keeps me happy that's for sure.
Well this is all for now!
-Cait xx



Comments
Post a Comment