Styling: Band Tees
Some people might not mind just wearing band tees as tees, but I know personally I stopped wearing band tees for about 3 years because they gave me zero shape and made me feel more uncomfortable than you would think.
Over the past couple of years I've started actually styling my band tees and now I feel most comfortable in them and love the fact that most people don't have these items/ style them this way.
The fact that I can wear band tees to my work which is an office makes my life complete. I will style my more fitted tees with a blazer to make the outfit a bit more professional.
Currently I wear them a lot with cardigans since its so cold out and
because my temperature fluctuates frequently. Even just adding another
piece like a cardigan or a plaid to an outfit makes it not just a bad
tee and jeans. As well, I will frequently wear band tees with skirts. 
As I've said before I love contrast and I find a band tee to me more masculine since usually they have very little shape, a round neck (no cleavage) , and are generally unisex. So, mixing something masculine with a short skirt which is definitely feminine makes me feel like I can take on the world, and add a great pair of shoes/boots and damn now you're ass kickin'.
I still occasionally will wear just jeans and a tee but generally if I do that I will add a serious statement lip to add the femininity to the look or curl/wave my hair, once again it adds something to the outfit. I also guess I'm more confident in myself and body that I don't mind the shapelessness once in a while. 
In the end its all about being conformable and confident. So style it in a way to make you happy. Let me know if there are any pieces you want to know how I would style it.
-Cait xx





Comments
Post a Comment