Year in Review
This year
has been extremely stressful yet satisfying at the same time. I don’t think I’ve
ever wanted a fresh start as much as this year. I understand that everyone can
have a rough year but personally I can usually look on the bright side of a
rough year, however, this year was just a constant rollercoaster of emotions. 

This year
started fine—last new years eve was fun! I spent it in Toronto with loved ones
and friends, what more could you ask for? Following those great celebrations my
life started to get a bit more complicated—breakups obviously suck to say the
least, as I’ve mentioned in a previous post. As well, being newly diagnosed
with anxiety and finally understanding that there was an actual reason why I’d
been feeling such pressure. I was in a really negative place for awhile but now
everything has mellowed out, luckily.
Since July/
August though I’ve been stable, healthy, and happy. I was able to refocus
myself at that point realize the world wasn’t crumbling around me. I know I’m
lucky that I have such a strong group of friends that will support me through
anything. I had visits from friends coming from all over Canada. It makes you
realize just how important a great support system is.
![]() |
Around
August I finally got a job in my field as a product development coordinator!
#yay This was exciting since I had been interviewing for months at jobs all
over Montreal. SO In August I celebrated being alright after a hell of a 6 month period and also went to New Brunswick to see family.
I am lucky enough to have a mother that love
my favourite band as much as I do and for her birthday celebration this year we
went to Gainesville, Florida! That weekend made my entire life complete! I got
two new tattoos, one in which I’ve had planned for years and the other in order
to cover up a scar on the side of my foot… if you’re curious how I got a scar
feel free to ask!
That weekend though was great to see my five fav guys and
their lovely families! At that point coming back after that weekend I was a new
person, once again thanks to Less Than Jake everything was put in perspective.
Funny how certain things can always make your life better.
I feel sad for those that can’t be alone in life. The way I mean this is some people always need to be in a relationship…they jump from one to another. As a whole, I enjoy it because I get to learn about myself. I get to just read or listen to music and not be concerned about having to make time for someone. Learning to be alone is a great skill but many just don’t have this. I would much rather have my amazing friends around than worry about someone that might just be there because they don't want to be alone.

I was able to build stronger bonds with friends in Montreal and reconnect with some amazing friends from high school. I got to see Cirque de Soleil and my first Habs game. I was able to take weekend trips to Ottawa and Toronto. 

I went for
a walk around Montreal before Christmas and it was peaceful, I put in music and
just walked and saw the lights and just got to be me. It is nice to finally be
happy and healthy without a specific reason.














Comments
Post a Comment