Self-Care Sunday
The weekend is for relaxing and being productive... but sometimes we get too wrapped up about small things and end up wasting the entire weekend.
What I mean by this is sometimes we need to take a bit of time for ourselves each day in order to regain perspective. #Selfcaresunday has become a big trend, in general we should have self-care daily even just for 10 or 15 minutes. Be it making coffee and reading, doing your makeup and hair, meditating, or for me listening to music that touches my feelings.
Anxiety is a normal feeling for a lot of people now days and taking the time to focus on yourself can really help. I am currently reading First, we make the beast beautiful but Sarah Wilson. It is her story with anxiety, OCD, and bipolar. As someone with anxiety reading it allows you to remember you arent't the only one with these feelings. So if you or a loved one suffer from anxiety or honestly any mental illness I highly recommend reading this.
On Sundays I also like putting effort into how I look because then I tend to feel better on the inside too. By that I mean doing something different with my hair than just brushing it or playing around with makeup. I also tend to change my outfit about hundred times it seems because I just want to wear everything I love.
My Sunday included: gym, bulletproof coffee, shower, straightening hair, grocery shopping, cooking, now blogging, then going to a concert tonight. I call this a good Sunday.
What sparked my reason for posting this was thanks to Samatha Culter of The Fit Fatale and her 12 Days of Fitmas Challenge. Today "Day 3 of the #TFFFITMAS Challenge: Take 10 minutes for yourself! Day 3, take 10. For you. No one else. Turn off your phone. Make your favourite matcha. Make time for your most adored face mask. Read a magazine. Search a blog. But do those little things you love. Those are the keys to a healthy life. To kicking the stress out. Taking ten minutes....."
So be sure to take care of yourself during this busy time of the year!
-Cait
What I mean by this is sometimes we need to take a bit of time for ourselves each day in order to regain perspective. #Selfcaresunday has become a big trend, in general we should have self-care daily even just for 10 or 15 minutes. Be it making coffee and reading, doing your makeup and hair, meditating, or for me listening to music that touches my feelings.
Anxiety is a normal feeling for a lot of people now days and taking the time to focus on yourself can really help. I am currently reading First, we make the beast beautiful but Sarah Wilson. It is her story with anxiety, OCD, and bipolar. As someone with anxiety reading it allows you to remember you arent't the only one with these feelings. So if you or a loved one suffer from anxiety or honestly any mental illness I highly recommend reading this.
On Sundays I also like putting effort into how I look because then I tend to feel better on the inside too. By that I mean doing something different with my hair than just brushing it or playing around with makeup. I also tend to change my outfit about hundred times it seems because I just want to wear everything I love.
What sparked my reason for posting this was thanks to Samatha Culter of The Fit Fatale and her 12 Days of Fitmas Challenge. Today "Day 3 of the #TFFFITMAS Challenge: Take 10 minutes for yourself! Day 3, take 10. For you. No one else. Turn off your phone. Make your favourite matcha. Make time for your most adored face mask. Read a magazine. Search a blog. But do those little things you love. Those are the keys to a healthy life. To kicking the stress out. Taking ten minutes....."
So be sure to take care of yourself during this busy time of the year!
-Cait




Comments
Post a Comment