No Song About 24
24.
Not 23 when 'nobody likes you' or 25 when its acceptable to have a quarter life crisis.
Maybe its because there's no song about my age but I haven't been excited or really even thinking about my birthday this year--which if you know me is odd.
Its not even as though this year has been mad. 23 was the best year in since I was probably 20.
Things I've learnt as a 23 year old or have been reinforced:
I'm going expand on the few that I feel are the utmost important:
1) You can do whatever the hell you want--I state this because it is oh so true sometimes that there are restrictions in life. But in turn nothing can hold you back from what you really want. In the end you are the decision maker, although that seems to get forgotten all too often. Remember this if you are in a relationship or are single.
2) Being alone isn't lonely--since I now live alone and are perpetually single I realized being alone is actually relaxing and so much less stress. I learnt the single part last year from 22-23, but has become much more evident now that I live alone. To me, being alone allows me to focus on what I want in my life (refer back to #1).
3) Adventure is waiting--cliche I KNOW! This is something I very much embraced this summer as I continuously explored as much as I could. Plan a last minute trip somewhere for a week, so do something that you wouldn't normally do. Just go out and see and do and be who you are!
4) Surround yourself with ones that build you up--Once again I know this is cliche, but as always forgotten. Its easy to stick with friends or partners because its easier than leaving. Toxic relationships are draining and theres always those friends that will constantly bail or knock you down. You don't need that negativity in your life. Either remove those people are at least distant yourself. Recognize the ones that are willing to go the extra distance or want you to be the best you can be!
Well here you have it 4 thoughts and feels about 23, now 24!
Life just keeps getting better.
--Cait!
Not 23 when 'nobody likes you' or 25 when its acceptable to have a quarter life crisis.
Maybe its because there's no song about my age but I haven't been excited or really even thinking about my birthday this year--which if you know me is odd.
Its not even as though this year has been mad. 23 was the best year in since I was probably 20.
Things I've learnt as a 23 year old or have been reinforced:
- you can do whatever the hell you want
- happiness is key
- stability helps with anxiety
- being alone isn't lonely
- adventure is legit just waiting for you to take the bull by its horns-explore
- the more you hustle, the more is then expected from you--good thing
- surround yourself with ones that'll build you up
I'm going expand on the few that I feel are the utmost important:
1) You can do whatever the hell you want--I state this because it is oh so true sometimes that there are restrictions in life. But in turn nothing can hold you back from what you really want. In the end you are the decision maker, although that seems to get forgotten all too often. Remember this if you are in a relationship or are single.
2) Being alone isn't lonely--since I now live alone and are perpetually single I realized being alone is actually relaxing and so much less stress. I learnt the single part last year from 22-23, but has become much more evident now that I live alone. To me, being alone allows me to focus on what I want in my life (refer back to #1).
3) Adventure is waiting--cliche I KNOW! This is something I very much embraced this summer as I continuously explored as much as I could. Plan a last minute trip somewhere for a week, so do something that you wouldn't normally do. Just go out and see and do and be who you are!
4) Surround yourself with ones that build you up--Once again I know this is cliche, but as always forgotten. Its easy to stick with friends or partners because its easier than leaving. Toxic relationships are draining and theres always those friends that will constantly bail or knock you down. You don't need that negativity in your life. Either remove those people are at least distant yourself. Recognize the ones that are willing to go the extra distance or want you to be the best you can be!
Well here you have it 4 thoughts and feels about 23, now 24!
Life just keeps getting better.
--Cait!



Comments
Post a Comment