I Can't I'm Independent

I've talked about this before but this summer it is becoming even more so ingrained into my head.

Being alone allows so much growth.
Being independent, allows you to care about your own personal happiness and specifically doing things you wouldn't normally do if you had a significant other.

I've learnt this summer that life is about experiences. Getting out and doing as much as possible.

I feel like I haven't stopped this summer and I love it.The current feeling is if I stop I die-- maybe that if I stop my body will realize how exhausted it has become or that if I stop I won't experience all there is. 

From overnight bussing 9 hours for a one day festival (Warped Tour) and still going to work the next day to renting a car to drive 2hours for a different music festival and getting destroyed but the crowd. Clearly, music makes me happy and holds a very special place in my heart.


So this weekend I rented a car and drove to Victoriaville, QC for a punk/rock festival-Rock La Cauze. As I was driving there the complete feeling of serenity hit me with the windows down, music blasting, driving past farm fields. It is that freedom that made me realize that I am content. I am happy doing these things alone. It can be difficult sometimes like when I want photos taken but it allows me to be who I am. At a festival like Rock la Cauze, I chilled until the last 3 sets which was the entire reason for going. My chill day was people watching and being in ah of how all these different people are connected by music-from young to old.

I know most people don't understand why I enjoy going to concerts alone but its mostly that I either go with my mom or myself. Most of my friends aren't into the same music and that's fine but it can't stop me.

I am happy going alone, because once I'm there I  am surrounded by people with a similar passion. That once you're in the crowd "cozy" with each other you become friends  that will make sure you don't get knocked down.

I find that being 100% okay going alone to festivals or events or just experiencing different things alone allows you to take everything in so much more. I get this complete feeling of  peace knowing that I can take on anything alone.

I am aware that being so independent isn't always the biggest turn on for guys, but I would much rather be this way than rely on someone that might not always be there for me. Or that might not want to do the same things-that's okay, but I don't want to miss out on things because of that.

I guess this is mostly to say- being alone allows you to be a strong and figure out exactly who you are or strive to who you want to be. This is also not saying you don't have a support system, just that you can do anything!

Happy week with tons of positive vibes!

-Cait xx

Comments

Popular Posts