Dating in Your 20's
So now
days dating is the most tedious thing it seems--trying to find someone you want
to spend a couple hours small talking with to decide if you like the person or
not. Then if you do, spending another few hours a different day to realize they
are a horrible human. Yes, this is now how we date or how I do at least.

Dating apps are the trend or the easiest way to meet new people. The negative of dating apps is it’s very hard to gauge what every person on there is looking for. For me, I like to meet people and understand the characteristics I do and do not like in guys. Obviously, many people on these apps just want a "quick banging" or friends with benefits. Then, of course, there are the ones that are actively trying to find their one true love on Tinder, and it could happen but I'm not holding my breath for that.
Dating is
a really weird concept just because it is meeting a variety of people and
deciding I like this human, this human seems to be a good match for me, this
person isn't a complete jerk. Then you
spend time together and it can either go extremely well and it becomes a
relationship or it goes south and you end up at square one all over again. I've
never particularly been the casual hookup person but there are no issues with
that as long as you're safe (protection wise and someone else knowing where you
are).
In your
20's though it seems like there are three types of people:
- ones in relationships already
- permanently single
- the ones actively trying to find their twin flame/soul mate
Lately,
I've been finding that I'm the permanently single type. I do enjoy meeting people (now
that it’s summer)
but the issue
I have is that I have friends nagging me to date or become the casual hookup
gal. I'm the kind of person if you keep pushing me to do something then I
likely won’t do it.
This is my rebel side.
I'm
content being single and as a whole I don't have the time and energy to waste
on people I don't know or care about.
Over the
past month I've gone on more dates than I have in the past 6 months. Which both
went very well if I say so myself. Something I have realized though is
personally I set my relationships up to fail. I mean this in a sense I go for
guys that can't do relationships or aren't in the city/country/continent.
Okay, continent is a bit extreme but country is true. I enjoy putting myself
out there because I have no expectations for these dates--they may go great and
I'll really like them or I've wasted 2 hours of my life but at least I
tried.
Many
people have types either appearance or characteristics, and for a long time I thought I
didn't, besides
musicians or artsy types. Still to this day I don't have a type for appearance; there
are the ones that I will forever be attracted to...the badass looking, tattoos,
some facial hair looking guys, but I've never actually dated one really that fits those
features.
I highly
encourage putting yourself out there because there really is nothing to lose by
doing so, maybe a couple of hours wasted but maybe they aren't wasted in the
end if you learn something. For me right now as much as I'd like to find
someone to spend time with I'm not willing to waste all my time on trying to
find the one. I have big things coming my way so finding someone
isn't a make or break. And it shouldn't be for you either.
If you have thoughts/feelings/opinions about dating I'd love to hear. I'm aware I'm a bit of a cynic when it comes to relationships.
-Cait xx


Comments
Post a Comment