Things Change
Over the last few months I realized that you can't always plan your life. For me this is difficult as I am a planner but I've learned to let some of it go. I've also found that there are so many things in the world that you shouldn't care about because it is not worth your energy.
So far this year I have dealt with a lot of unnecessary stresses but I am happy that I've now learned how to deal with them. In February I went through a breakup and then shortly after that was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Both of these were big changes in my life especially since it was right around midterms. I was really lucky because I had a great support system for everything going on and I'll be forever grateful that they had put up with my breakdowns and making me eat even when I was too stressed/sad to eat.
![]() |
| This was February 2017 |
![]() |
| Today- August 3rd, 2017 |
| Less Than Jake |
Now though I have learned how to cope with stress more. I work out a lot- trying to get my cardio better and it helps release all the negativity out of your system I find.
I also have always found music super meditative for me. I find that music with deep lyrics especially helps. I personally am a huge punk/ska fan! Currently really into Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Goldfinger, Pennywise, etc. it is also get much to workout to since its up beat and kinda angry sometimes.
So if you're dealing with things find what makes you happy and don't focus on the negatives. There are always a good things in life so take advantage of it.
-Cait xx




Comments
Post a Comment